Do you have concerns about triggering content? Here’s what you can expect from SINKHOLE, and what you’ll never have to worry about.
BE WARY OF:
- Physical and emotional isolation. The theme of societal alienation is ongoing and present in several different forms in this podcast.
- Bereavement and grief. While it’s been some time since the narrator’s loss, it is an enduring source of quiet grief.
- Existential body horror. The narrator’s physical condition affects many aspects of their daily life in a way that may distress some listeners.
- Toxic parasocial relationships. As a narrative about a member of an online community, elements of parasocial entitlement occur over the course of season one.
- Societal ableism. SINKHOLE features themes of disability and accessibility and the narrative deals with both social and institutional barriers to disabled persons.
- Financial insecurity. The narrator’s condition makes their employment contingent on their behaviour, and they have few alternative options of income.
DON’T WORRY ABOUT:
- Sexual assault and/or dubious consent. This theme will never come up in SINKHOLE.
- Child endangerment and/or abuse. This theme will never come up in SINKHOLE.
- Abuse by a parent and/or guardian.* This theme will never come up in SINKHOLE. (*This does not include parental abandonment.)
- Animal abuse and/or death. This theme will never come up in SINKHOLE.
- Chewing, spitting, and/or audio gore. This theme will never come up in SINKHOLE. (The creator has misophonia and will not be editing that.)